1 precooked sweet shortcrust pastry. I had some in my freezer from another batch I made previously.If you would like to make your own, Ive attached a great recipe here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/17556/basic+sweet+shortcrust+pastry OR for a GF version: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/16737/gluten-free-sweet-shortcrust-pastry.aspx
125gms unsalted butter - softened/room temp
150gms castor sugar
180gms almond meal
2 eggs - room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
1 teaspoon plain flour (for a gluten free version, omit flour or swap to GF flour)
4-6 blood plums quartered
Icing sugar to dust
20 cm pie tin
Electric mixer with paddle attachment or mixer with beaters
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides in between eggs. Its crucial your eggs are at room temp otherwise you will get a lumpy mixture.
4. Using a spatula, fold through almond meal, flour and vanilla. You dont need to be too gentle.
5. Spoon the mixture into the precooked shortcrust pastry. Even out with the spatula.
6. Arrange the fresh fruit over the almond mixture and push into mixture.
7. Place in oven and bake for 30-40mins.
8. Serve at room temp and dust with icing sugar. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream!